Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Life Is Sweet

Two words: American Girl.

I had the second best time of my life! OK... I have got to tell you the whole story. Yesterday morning I was about to blow with excitement. I immediately ran to the phone to call Mimi. (The Queen Mother). I told her to get up and get going. I got dressed and was ready to go. The only problem was... Mom and Dad weren't ready. I had to wait an hour for them. When they were done I called Mimi to see where she was running. She was still in bed. We decided to go on. Sorry Mimi.

We walked there. We walked in. I was freaking out. I went to the security person and asked,"Where's the doll hair salon?" She showed me where it was and I walked over there. We waited in line for a little bit. The suddenly Dad asked,"So, what is this all about?" Apparently he missed the whole idea of AG. We told him that there were the Historical dolls, the Just Like You dolls, and then the Girl of the Year. After that he understood. He was quite interested in Addy.

When we got up there I told the sweet lady I wanted the Ponytail Veil on Nicki. She told us to pick her up at 1:20 p.m. OK. Add to list of stuff to do: Pick up Nicki at 1:20.

Shopping time!!! I got the stuff on my wishlist and then Mimi came. I shopped a little more and was done.

I still had quite a bit of money left in my budget. I walked around and there she was. Julie. My mom's BFF. She was born the same year my mom was born so... she feels 'connected.' I counted my money. She's mine now. She is so cute! After that I went hunting for Julie's accessory kit. It came with her hat, necklace, purse, and a quarter.

Then we went to the second floor. It was the bistro part... and a little boutique. I found two things on my wishlist so I grabbed them and then I heard a calling for the Princess. I dropped them and ran to my mom. Turns out the AG people let us in early for lunch. The Queen also got me reservations for the bistro. The dolls each had their own chair they could sit in. It was so cute! The food was great, so I of course was happy. During the eating process Mom asked if I wanted to get Julie's hair done. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After lunch I went to buy the two things I forgot. I went straight downstairs to get Julie's hair done. ( Thank Goodness for escalators!) We picked up Nicki and oh my word she was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute.

Next: drop Julie off. This time I wanted to watch. We asked if we could drop her off and come back to watch. She said yes we could. So that's what we did. As the time passed, I was worried. What if they didn't understand that I wanted to watch? What if they are doing her now? These questions went through my mind as fast as time. Then it was time to go watch. I told a lady what we were there for. " ......Oh, I'm sorry she's already done." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was right! And not in a good way! The kind lady that told me this said that she would be glad to do it again. I told her no... she's already done. She said that the girl that did it didn't do it very good and she was going to do it again no matter what. Thank you sweet lady.

Now I am happy with my girls by my side and wishing you a Happy New Year!!

7 comments:

Queen Mother said...

Awesome day!! I'm so glad you had fun! I sure did. AG is a great place and your dolls were precious with their cute hair. Happy New Year and I love you.

Amy said...

So glad you had so much fun! Sounds like just the place to be.

Have a great day today. Be warm and Happy New Year! Oh and tell the Queen B, King and Queen Mother hello.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I'm glad you had such a good time.

Happy New Year, Princess...

Donna said...

I am soooo glad u had a great time! See i am ten years old and I am in love with american girl! I have Julie and Nicki too! It sounds like it was great! I have ALOT in commen with u! I can't wait to read tomarrow's blog!

Pattik said...

Very good story of your day, loved it!!
You are one Special Princess!!!
Happy New Year!!

Laura said...

Hello, it sounds like you had a wonderful day. My daughter is 10 years old as well but we don't have AG here in Canada. Sounds like something she would love!

Laura

Sharon said...

I have been hearing alot of good things about American Girl. I have one close to us in Atlanta. How much money would you recommend for someone to take on a visit??