Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Recipe Reading

When I wrote on Saturday, I told you that I have nothing to write about. I still don't. That's why I've decided to post recipes when I have nothing to write about.


My first recipe comes from my favorite kids cookbook, Kids In The Kitchen. Almost all of my recipes will come from this cookbook. Here's the first recipe:



Breakfast Banana Split



  • 1 Banana


  • 1/2 cup your favorite crunchy cereal, divided


  • 1/2 cup fruit-flavored yogurt


  • 1/4 cup blueberries or strawberries, sliced


  • 1/4 cup pineapple chunks, drained


  • maraschino cherries (optional)

You'll need a butter knife, cereal bowl, spoon and measuring cups.


Peel the banana and cut down the middle lengthwise with a butter knife. Place banana in your cereal bowl. Sprinkle half of the cereal over the banana, but save the other half for sprinkling on top. Spoon the yougurt over the banana and cereal. Add the rest of the cereal and fruit on top. Add the cherries if you'd like.


This is a REALLY good quick, easy, weekend breakfest. If you were me, you would only use the strawberries and use strawberry yogurt. That makes it taste the best.


Oh, and Mimi, you can use bananas.


3 comments:

Queen Mother said...

Thanks, Princess..got to have my daily bananas!

Amy said...

Sounds very yummy. Thanks Princess!

Pattik said...

Well, if that breakfast isn't right
up my alley. Sounds really good.
So glad you are feeling like
blogging again!!